Heart Healthy Mexican Chicken Soup
- 1 ½ lb. shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp grassfed butter, ghee, coconut oil
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 large white onion, finely diced
- 4 carrots, finely diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 64 ounces of chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado, sliced
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- In soup pot or Dutch oven, heat the butter/ghee/coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and sauté for 4-5 minutes, just until tender. Add garlic, sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Add in the seasonings and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the shredded chicken, stir to combine. Allow to simmer for 5 more minutes or until the chicken is heated.
- Your soup is ready to serve!